Opel South Africa, a subsidiary of Stellantis, is proud to introduce the new facelifted Crossland SUV which features a bold new look and striking new front-end design called the Opel Vizor.
The Opel Vizor can be closely linked to the past iconic Opel models, however, the new Vizor is not just a design statement, it also makes all Opel models ‘future ready’ by providing housing space for the sensors and cameras required by modern vehicles.
Organically integrating the grille and headlights, the Opel Vizor of the new Crossland extends in one single sweep, across the front of the vehicle. The brand’s legendary lightning-flash emblem proudly dominates the centre. The Vizor will become a hallmark of all Opel models in the future.
The makeover also incorporates new dark tinted taillights at the rear, and the new high-gloss black Tailgate surface (available in combination with the black roof) which makes the new Crossland look wider and stronger.
Also new are the front and rear skid plates, LED fog lamps (on the Elegance model) and stylish 16-inch light alloy wheels. Another distinguishing characteristic is the rear Crossland badge which is laid out across the tailgate.
Crisp and compact on the outside, spacious, and versatile on the inside with a cool modern and distinctive SUV look, this new Opel Crossland SUV is the first to adopt the brand’s unmistakeable new face.
Enthusiastic drivers will especially enjoy the improvements Opel has made to the new Crossland’s chassis.
Engineers in Rüsselsheim have developed new damper tuning for the McPherson strut front Suspension and the torsion-beam rear axle giving the Opel Crossland a distinctly ‘Opel’ Ride and Handling.
Combined with an improved steering position which offers precise handling and a gear change which is quick and light, the Crossland’s chassis delivers a more dynamic drive with an optimum balance of comfort and agility as well as stability when navigating the country’s highways.
Trendsetting lighting technology and innovative assistance systems
The new Opel Crossland is an SUV that is solid, spacious, comfortable, and comes with a host of safety features and numerous ultra-modern technologies and assistance systems.
All models come with LED lights which are much brighter than halogen bulbs.
The most important safety features of the new Opel Crossland at a glance:
- Forward collision alert with automatic emergency braking and pedestrian detection -operates at speeds above 5.0km/h. If a vehicle or pedestrian ahead is approached too quickly, the system sounds a warning and displays a message in the Driver information Centre. If collision is imminent, the braking system is prepared and if necessary, emergency braking is deployed to minimise the effects of a potential collision. Below 30km/h the system can bring the vehicle to a complete stop. If speed exceeds 30km/h, speed is reduced, and the driver must actively brake.
- Lane Departure Warning – issues audible and visible signals of it registers that the lane is being left unintentionally.
- Driver Drowsiness Alert – evaluates the fatigue level through the driving style and alerts the driver if braking is necessary.
- Front and Rear Park Assist – Front and Rear proximity sensors as well as rear view camera aid safe parking – number of sensors and camera are version dependent.
- Cruise control with speed limiter – together with Speed sign recognition, enables quick and easy adherence to the speed limit.
- ABS, EBFD and Hill Start Assist – ensures a smooth and safe pull off whilst on an incline.
Inside the Opel Crossland, the updated 7” colour touchscreen infotainment system, which runs the Apple Carplay/ Android Auto, dominates the driving cabin.
With Apple Carplay and Android Auto you can project your smartphone apps on the colour screen, while the Bluetooth compatibility ensures that you are able to make hands-free calls and play music from your Bluetooth enabled mobile device through the Crossland’s six premium speakers.
Steering wheel adjustment and multiple way seat- adjustments offer better support for drivers and soft touch materials with chrome and gloss black finishes on the dashboard and interior door panels give the Crossland’s interior a more premium feel.
Generous head and legroom front and rear provide enough space for families to drive in comfort.
The abundant feeling of space and the first-class AGR ergonomic front seats in the Crossland ensure long trips are even more comfortable. The SUV also convinces with high level of flexibility, thanks to the 60/40 split in the rear seating, offering outstanding functionality and increasing the boot space from 410 litres to a class-leading 520 litres in seconds. Folding the rear seats completely increases boot volume to 1,255 litres.
The Crossland SUV line-up includes the Crossland Edition 1.2 60kW 55-speed Manual, and 1.2 Turbo 81kW 6-speed Automatic and the Crossland Elegance 1.2 Turbo 81kW 6-speed Auto.
Engines / Powertrains
On the engine front the Opel Crossland SUV is offered in two powertrain configurations.
The 1.2 naturally aspirated engine mated to a 5-speed manual shifter is offered on the Edition model. The more powerful 1.2 litre turbo petrol engine, coupled to a 6-speed automatic gearbox is offered on both the Edition and Elegance models.